Welcome to XangleBurst! This is our new photobooth software that leverage the Burst mode of your camera to create mp4 outputs in the most efficient way.
Unzip the zip file on your desktop and run XangleBurst.exe. On the first launch, you'll be asked for your license credentials
Canon: simply go on Manual mode and set "auto power off" to disable. Xangle is going to handle the burst mode. On some models, you can switch from low to high burst speed
- Enable developer mode. The procedure varies depending on the phone model but you can find specific instruction by searching for “unlock XXXX developer mode” where XXXX is your android model. Usually, this procedure consists in going to settings -> System -> About phone and tapping 10x on “ build number” until developer mode is unlocked
- Go to developer options and enable USB debugging. Also, enable “Stay awake” option.
- The first time you connect your android to a new host (Raspberry pi or PC), you will have to allow this host. Use the “Always allow” option to avoid doing this each time.
- Keep your phone in Airplane mode to prevent any Android updates
How to trigger the camera?
Just as with our other softwares, you can trigger using the button on the dashboard, a powerpoint presenter (black-out key), a gamepad ("b" key), or the "b" key on the keyboard
What are the compatible cameras?
- Most Canon DSLRs: T3, T3i, T5, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, 6d, 7d, 7d Mark II, 5d Mark III, 5d Mark Iv, 1Dx Mark II
- Canon Full frame mirrorless: R, RP
- Some Canon of the M series: M50, M200, M6 Mark II
- Some Canon Powershot: G7x Mark III, G5x Mark II
- Most recent Android smartphones
How to change the Burst speed?
The burst speed ONLY depends on your camera capabilities. On some Canon models, you can switch between Fast and Slow burst (from our dashboard)
How to change the number of pictures?
Click on the "Trigger mode" button from the dashboard and set the "Maximum image count" to the desired value. Please take note that you have to find the approximate burst duration to make this work correctly. We can't ask the camera for a specific number of pictures, so we have to rely on the burst (as if you would hold down the shutter button).. If your camera can do 10fps (ten frames in one second), then you can set the duration to 1000ms (1 second) to get 10 pictures (these are the default values). When the camera takes more pictures than what's required, we'll simply ignore the extra ones
Using a green-screen, an animated background, animated foreground, watermark, etc
Everything about the branding is the same than in our other apps. You'll find complete documentation here: https://xangle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001614092