Using a Raspberry Pi architecture with Xangle only means that you have to flash microSD cards. You NEVER have to access the pis directly. The flashing step doesn't require any additional software, and it is pretty straightforward. Once your sd card is flashed, you simply insert it in the Pi and you forget about it.
Note to our long time users: Starting from Xangle Camera Server v1.11.0, you can now clone your MicroSd cards straight from the main software (no need to use Win32diskImager). It's important to know that you never have to access the Pi whatsoever. Once you successfully flashed a card, you put it in the Pi, power it up, connect the ethernet cable, and that's it. You don't have any configuration to do, you don't have to write any command line and you can enjoy the fastest way to use our software :)
Here are the steps
- Run Xangle Camera Server in Administrator mode (right click on the app shortcut, run as administrator)
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:8091/pi-cloner
- Insert a MicroSD card in a card reader on your computer. Make sure you don't have any other cards or usb-sticks connected to the computer to avoid any bad surprises. ***Use only 16gb cards***
- Download the up-to-date image (click on the "download image" button). You only need to do this once.
- Once the Image is downloaded, click on "Write to SD card
- Make yourself a coffee while the card is being flashed
- Put the microSd card in the Pi, and you're good to go.
If the pi-cloner is reporting errors with a SD card that has previously been cloned for Xangle (or any other raspberry pi OS), you should erase all the partitions present on the cards and reformat it. Here is the procedure:
1 - open the windows disk management tool (windows key + x -> disk management)
2 - find the disk associated with your sd card, It should be a disk with 3 partitions (1 FAT 32 ~200Mb called "boot", 1 Unknown ~ 3.3 Gb, and 1 unallocated).
3- Right-click on each primary partition and choose "Delete volume"
4- Once the whole card is just a single "unallocated" partition, right click on it and choose "format", proceed with all the default options.