The preview (replay) module can be accessed straight from the software (2nd tab), but I know that this is not why you are here for. In real live, you'll want to display your replay on various devices more or less close to the main server. Here are a few options to get you there.
Whatever the method you're going to chose, you're very likely to use a web browser to display the replay. To go there, click on the earth icon (top right corner) and click on "preview". From that screen, you're always going to see the latest shot.
[Tip: to loop through your latest shots (instead of being stuck on only one), use ?loop=X at the end of the url. For example, http://192.168.0.100/player?loop=10 is going to show you the 10 latest shot (automatically updated)]
These are a couple of different ways we've been using the replay over the years:
- Connect an HDMI cable to the main computer, and send the signal to an external monitor. Then use the "project to a second screen" function in Windows and move the browser (with the player) in that second window
- Do the same as above from a sharing station (typically a Surface Pro)
- Use a barebone computer such as a Mac mini or a Brix to server the replay from a browser (you need to make sure that this computer is on the same network)
- Use a dedicated SmartTV (also with an ethernet cable or wifi connection...)
- If you have more than one TV where you want to show the same content, it might be easier to use an HDMI Splitter instead of two computers.
- You can connect an hdmi cable/monitor straight into one of your Rasberry Pis (if your architecture runs on this), and you'll get the preview right away. *Magical*
- In any case, you'll get faster / more reliable results by avoiding any wifi in your configuration. Use a Router/switch + cables to ensure fast replay
- There are no limits in the number of replay stations you can have, but keep in mind that each is going to eat some resources from your main server.
- If you can't access your local server via the ip address, double check that you are on the same ip address range (ipconfig)
I made this short video showing various replay/sharing stations we've been using over the past years: